Frequently Asked Questions - Review/Desk Copies
Due to the subject matter, the method of presentation, or practitioner-based nature of this book, desk copies for review are not immediately available for general request. If this book will be adopted and used in a classroom or as part of a training session, and it will be required for each participant, please contact us at email@example.com. Please provide us with your contact information including your phone number and the best time to call. We will be glad to discuss how we might be able to accommodate your needs.
Yes, please follow the same steps as instructors, but please note these two important issues.
- Only you will have access to download any resources (instructors guide, PowerPoint’s…etc) that come with the book. You will have to download and send a copy to the instructor. Unless they have their own account, they will not have access.
- This will only work if the instructor wants a printed desk copy. Ebooks will not work unless they are requested by the actual end-user's account. Due to the nature of eBooks, how they are download, and the security measures that are involved, any instructor that wants an eBook must have their own account. This is required for the eBook to be downloaded correctly directly to the device that it will be used on. Once an instructor has their own account, they must login from the device they want the eBook on (computer, tablet, phone…etc.) and download it directly.
If you want to create and manage an account for each instructor, that is acceptable as long as you use their email address and name when creating each account.
If you do not currently have an account on our website, you can get an educator account set up by following the directions below:
- Proceed to the Create an Account page
- Fill out the form and MAKE SURE to select the “Educator” account type option. This will signify you are an instructor.
- Submit the form
- Your request will be sent for approval
If you currently have an account on our site, you can get an educator account set up by following the directions below:
- Login to your account
- After signing into your account, you should be on the View tab of your account.
- Click on the Request Educator Access button under the Assigned Roles section at the bottom of the page
- Your request will be sent for approval
By selecting educator, it will send an email to us, asking for approval. Please wait for an email back from us, stating that you have been approved with educator status, before you try to view teaching materials and request desk copies. Depending on when your request was submitted, it may take up to a day for approval. Please note: this is our way of verifying that the person requesting is an educator and not a student and can not be done automatically.
All desk copies requests are done through our website. Please follow the directions below to complete your request.
Note: To request a desk copy, you must have an approved educator account. See how to get an educator account.
- While on the www.sagamorepub.com website, click login in the upper-left corner
- Find your book by using the search box or the browse catalog tab.
- Once you have the book, click "request desk copy" button on the right side of the page
- Enter class info and mailing address
- Your request is complete
- We normally fulfill desk copy requests within 1 business day
If you have decided not to use a book you requested for review for any aspect of your course, you may return the book in pristine shape at your expense or you may purchase the book at a 50% discount to keep.
You may keep the book to teach from at no cost.
Any professor, lecturer, teacher, or adjunct faculty teaching a course with a college/university may request a book to review for a course they will be teaching in the near future.
All U.S. customers have 45 days from the date of delivery to review the book. If you are a customer outside the U.S., you have 60 days to review the book. Should you need more time to review a book you have been shipped please contact your sales representative to request more time.