This fifth edition of Pastimes extends the discussion about leisure in society to new concepts supported by new research findings and commentary.
This third edition considers three critical changes in the leisure service field: technology and information resolution; nature of the workforce; and the basic revision of our economy.
The authors have restructured the Study Guide so that this edition aligns more closely with the most recent NCTRC exam content and format.
Revised, updated, and expanded to be a leading resource in outdoor recreation not only in the United States but also in Canada.
This text emphasizes the various legitimations for the role of sport in society and then uses that understanding as a mechanism to discuss related management implications.
A step-by-step written and visual guide for the proper application and removal of the most commonly used orthopaedic casts and splints.
A book that is intended to facilitate the understanding and application of the ELA Common Core State Standards for both inservice and preservice physical education teachers.
Recent ebook releases
- Management Functions in Recreational Therapy
- Leisure and Human Development
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Recreation Profession: Organizational Perspectives
- Pricing Recreation and Park Services
- Outdoor Recreation Planning
- The Fundamentals of Sports Media and Sponsorship Sales: Developing New Accounts
- Financing the Sport Enterprise, 2nd. Ed.
All the information you need to get up and running with your new Sagamore ebook.
Sagamore publishes thirteen journals in the disciplines of health, recreation, facility management, parks administration, leisure, education and more.
- JLR is scientific in content and nature, focusing on conceptual and methodological advances and questions.
- One of the longest standing journals providing research-based articles relating to physical education, health, recreation, and related areas.
- A national forum for research and discussion on the needs of persons with disabilities, problems confronting the profession, new vistas of service and receiving therapeutic recreation services.
- An official publication of the Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA), disseminates the most current thinking and practice on learning disabilities.
- The official publication of the Applied Sport Management Association, providing the latest research in all aspects of applied sport management.
Support materials, desk copies and special discounts
Get your Educator Account
Obtain desk copies
Access Instructor materials
Pre-order print copies:
Leisure and Human Development
Management Functions in Recreational Therapy
Diversity and Inclusion in the Recreation Profession: Organizational Perspectives
Outdoor Recreation Planning
Like and follow us to see all coupons, discounts, new book/ebook releases, and all journal issue announcements.
Subscribe to our email list to receive our catalog and announcements.
We work with some great institutions to publish their titles.
Contact Peter Bannon, President at email@example.com to find out more.
Publish with Sagamore - author services
Find out how and why publishing with Sagamore will get your books and journal articles to those who need your expertise.
With 40 years of experience in the educational and academic publishing fields, we can demonstrate how, together, we can meet the educational needs of students and the profession.