This new sixth edition of Pastimes reflects almost 40 years of scholarship as well as professional and personal practice in recreation, parks, and tourism.
This third edition considers three critical changes in the leisure service field: technology and information resolution; nature of the workforce; and the basic revision of our economy.
The authors have restructured the Study Guide so that this edition aligns more closely with the most recent NCTRC exam content and format.
A must read for anyone interested in learning about, protecting, managing, and planning for public outdoor recreation resources.
This text emphasizes the various legitimations for the role of sport in society and then uses that understanding as a mechanism to discuss related management implications.
A step-by-step written and visual guide for the proper application and removal of the most commonly used orthopaedic casts and splints.
Interactive Health and Fitness is an innovative system of learning that blends a conversational, easy-to-read textbook with cutting-edge technology.
Recent ebook releases
All the information you need to get up and running with your new Sagamore ebook.
An innovative system of learning that blends a conversational, easy-to-read textbook with cutting-edge technology.
Sagamore publishes thirteen journals in the disciplines of health, recreation, facility management, parks administration, leisure, education and more.
- JLR is scientific in content and nature, focusing on conceptual and methodological advances and questions.
- One of the longest standing journals providing research-based articles relating to physical education, health, recreation, and related areas.
- A national forum for research and discussion on the needs of persons with disabilities, problems confronting the profession, new vistas of service and receiving therapeutic recreation services.
- An official publication of the Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA), disseminates the most current thinking and practice on learning disabilities.
- The official publication of the Applied Sport Management Association, providing the latest research in all aspects of applied sport management.
Support materials, desk copies and special discounts
Get your Educator Account
Obtain desk copies
Access Instructor materials
Book of the Month
Supporting Individuals With Autism Spectrum Disorder in Recreation, 2nd ed.
Pre-order print copies:
Pastimes, 6th Ed.
Like and follow us to see all coupons, discounts, new book/ebook releases, and all journal issue announcements.
Subscribe to our email list to receive our catalog and announcements.
We work with some great institutions to publish their titles.
Contact Peter Bannon, President at email@example.com to find out more.
Publish with Sagamore - author services
Find out how and why publishing with Sagamore will get your books and journal articles to those who need your expertise.
With 40 years of experience in the educational and academic publishing fields, we can demonstrate how, together, we can meet the educational needs of students and the profession.