This new sixth edition of Pastimes reflects almost 40 years of scholarship as well as professional and personal practice in recreation, parks, and tourism.
To find solutions to the critical problems facing the recreation and park profession, its leaders must become effective problem solvers.
The authors have restructured the Study Guide so that this edition aligns more closely with the most recent NCTRC exam content and format.
A must read for anyone interested in learning about, protecting, managing, and planning for public outdoor recreation resources.
Sport is big business! As the world of sport continues to grow, there is a great need for the sport manager to have a working knowledge of business practices and financial management.
A step-by-step written and visual guide for the proper application and removal of the most commonly used orthopaedic casts and splints.
Interactive Health and Fitness is an innovative system of learning that blends a conversational, easy-to-read textbook with cutting-edge technology.
Recent eBook releases
Recent eText releases
eBook and eText help
Provides a scientific foundation to guide pricing decisions confronting managers and elected officials in public parks and recreation agencies.
In this important book, the authors explore, document, and delve into the construct of diversity within the context of managing and providing recreation and leisure-related services.
An examination of the link between human development and behavior in a context, leisure, that has been described as encompassing one third of people's time.
Designed to introduce leisure and other service providers to behavior analysis and to assist them in developing and strengthening their skills in applying associated techniques.
Provides guidance for defining where outdoor recreation resource management should and could be going forward and sound advice, principles, and approaches for identifying pathways for getting there.
Sagamore publishes eight journals in the disciplines of health, recreation, facility management, parks administration, leisure, education and more.
- An official publication of the Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA), disseminates the most current thinking and practice on learning disabilities.
- The only peer-reviewed journal published in the United States with a specific focus on the areas of outdoor recreation, education, and leadership.
- JNEL publishes quality manuscripts to disseminate the latest knowledge related to nonprofit education and leadership to develop theory and practice.
- For over three decades, JPRA has provided information to enhance the effectiveness and professionalism of park and recreation administrators.
- The official publication of the Applied Sport Management Association, JASM is a quarterly peer-reviewed journal providing the latest research in all aspects of applied sport management.
- JFPDM's primary purpose is to bridge the gap between research and practice for fitness, physical activity, recreation, and sport administrators, educators, consultants, and researchers.
- Provides a national forum for research and discussion on the needs of persons with disabilities, problems confronting the profession, new vistas of service, and receiving therapeutic recreation services.
- One of the longest standing journals providing research-based articles relating to physical education, health, recreation, and related areas.
Support materials, desk copies and special discounts
Get your Educator Account
Obtain desk copies
Access Instructor materials
Leisure, Women, and Gender
Also available in eBook format.
Like and follow us to see all coupons, discounts, new book/ebook releases, and all journal issue announcements.
Sign upSubscribe to our email list to receive our catalog and announcements.
We work with some great institutions to publish their titles.
Contact Peter Bannon, President at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Publish with Sagamore - author services
Find out how and why publishing with Sagamore will get your books and journal articles to those who need your expertise.
With 40 years of experience in the educational and academic publishing fields, we can demonstrate how, together, we can meet the educational needs of students and the profession.